Where is it...

Saturday, October 20, 2012

Run Like The Wind: Choosing an Agency

For Wind's integrated marketing campaign, I wanted to find an ad agency that has done award winning work with other integrated campaigns. I began my search with previous CLIO award winners, and narrowed my choices down to three agencies.

My first choice was Droga5 in New York, for their amazing and Gold Award winning work on their campaign for Bing. Unfortunately, they also work with Coca-Cola, creating a conflict of interest. My second choice was Weiden+Kennedy for their inventive work with EA's Dante's Inferno campaign. Out of Portland, they'd be a perfect fit, as that area has a dense population of the target market for my campaign. They had also done the tear-jerking ads for P&G during the Olympics, showing that they're able to fulfill my needs to tap into emotions and inspire people. Upon looking at their website, however, I realized that Coke must have a monopoly on anything cool, because they had used this agency as well.

I took one last ditch effort, and found that BBDO in New York had done an award winning integrated campaign for HBO that was very successful. I visited their website and alas! They already do work for Pepsi, and have done advertising that shows Pepsi creating solar lights in third world countries out of Pepsi Bottles. This is exactly the type of agency I am looking for.

 WORLDWIDE
BBDO is a global ad agency, full-service and fully integrated. The exact words I wanted to hear were used on their About Us page- they "create compelling ads". Compelling work is exactly what this campaign needs, and they have a proven record for thinking outside the box. Their location in New York would work fine, but they also have locations around the country and the world, including Chicago, making them easy to access from any location. Based on the following selection criteria, BBDO will be invited to pitch for this campaign, and a new partnership will be formed:

  • Size of Agency relative to campaign BBDO is global, as is PepsiCo- perfect fit!
  • Relevant Experience BBDO has done inspiring "green" campaigns for PepsiCo
  • Conflict of Interest BBDO does NOT work with Coca-Cola! 
  • Reputation They are award winning, and have been very successful
  • Production Ability BBDO has done it all, and well
  • Media Purchasing  There isn't a media BBDO hasn't bought
  • Client Retention BBDO has been used by many big hitters, and done great work 
Based on my analysis of this agency as compared to others, they perfectly fit all of my criteria, and I am certain they will do great work on the Wind Energy Drink campaign.

No comments:

Post a Comment